Thursday, December 15, 2016

Short Takes #2 - In the Not-Too-Distant Future, In A Galaxy Far, Far Away...

I'm apologizing up-front for this one--it was recorded in my vehicle on my iPhone mic, so it takes a step back in sound quality, at least to my ear, and apart from the opening, there aren't any of the usual assortment of snarky clips.  It's been a crazy couple of months, so I'm (as usual!) behind schedule on Episode 9...I'm hoping to have it ready to drop in January...

Anyway, in this Short Take, I offer my thoughts on the upcoming release of Rogue One in theaters (although I know at this point some have already seen it), some nerdy observations on the vehicles in this film (at least as we understand them at this point) and ruminations about the impact they could have had in the Original Trilogy, then I switch into MSTie mode with thoughts on the Shout! Factory box sets as opposed to the good old days of Circulating The Tapes, and finish with a defense of the original Gamera series.  Enjoy!

Peace,
RDN

Short Takes #2 - In the Not-Too-Distant Future, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away...

Music:

"Battle of the Heroes/Imperial March" - John Williams, performed by Epica

"Mighty Science Theater 3000 (MST3K End Theme Accordion Cover)" - Charlie Erickson and Joel Hodgson, performed by Jackson Parodi (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js8ETMwPTWo)

"Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie Main Title" - Billy Barber

"Gamera Theme" - I don't have the foggiest clue...

"Tibby, Oh Tibby" - Written and arranged by Michael J. Nelson






http://archive.org/download/ASTShortTakes2/AST_Short_Takes_2.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment